Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

How to do manual import from an NFS backup repo?

Post by mikeely »

When doing a manual import from a Linux-based VBR or just picking files from the Veeam backup server itself I can see the repo in the drop down list of hosts - right-click in Disk (Imported) and select Import Backup - but the NFS repo does not appear there. This makes it impossible to manually import backups on the NFS repo. I'm guessing the NFS repo is mounted somewhere in the depths of the Veeam software file tree, but can't find it - tried browsing around %programdata% on the gateway server but don't find what I'm looking for there.

So where's this mountpoint buried and how can I access it from the Manual Import task?
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: How to do manual import from an NFS backup repo?

Post by PetrM »

Hi Mike,

Did you try to rescan the repository? Backups which do not exist in VeeamBackup database will be imported automatically.

Thanks!
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Post by mikeely »

Hi Petern,

That only works if the .vbm file is present. I'm looking at a case where we want to manually import as I described at the top of this thread. It's possible to do this with Linux VBR - did Veeam accidentally leave this out for NFS repos?
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, there is no option to browse NFS and CIFS repositories directly. I guess you could mount NFS share to Linux server in order to import a backup by .vbk.

Thanks!