Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
JoelPcpara
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Joel

No file exists for given path

Post by JoelPcpara »

When trying to sort out an issue with Change Block Tracking, we have removed some files attempting to start fresh, among these would be the .vmxf file, thie is now preventing any future backups from taking place. Is there a way that we can recreate the .vmxf file so that backups can then resume to normal?

Error: DiskLib error: [16].No file exists for given path -- File open failed: Could not find the file --tr:Failed to start file downloading. VMFS path: [[*****-SYN-001] ***-VM-006/***-VM-006.vmxf]. --tr:NFC storage connection is unavailable. Storage: [stg:datastore-2339,nfchost:host-13,conn:192.168.**.**]. Storage display name: [*****-SYN-001]. Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:192.168.**.**,nfchost:host-13,stg:datastore-2339@***-VM-006/***-VM-006.vmxf]. Failed to backup file.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 526 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: No file exists for given path

Post by PetrM »

Hi Joel,

May be you could try to restore .vmxf using VM Files restore wizard?

If the option above does not help, I would recommend to contact VMware support team in order to clarify if there is a possibility to recreate .vmxf file from scratch.

Thanks!
JoelPcpara
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Joel

Post by JoelPcpara »

Hi Petr,

Thank you for you quick reply!

I have followed the advice on your post trying to use the VM Files Restore Wizard, but have been unsuccessful, I am unable to select the VM I require the file restoring on as there exists no backup. Are there no articles on how to recreate the .vmxf file?

Thank you,
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 526 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Joel,

I recommend to ask this question on similar VMware Community forums or to contact VMware support team.

Thanks!