Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Gsmith
Novice
Liked: never

Veeam EventID Missing

Post by Gsmith »

All,
I have a question on Veeam logging to Microsoft Event Viewer.

My environment:
Windows Server 2012 R2 (fully updated) with Veeam Backup & Replication 10 (version: 10.0.0.4461)

I have been testing Veeam software for a couple weeks, and purchased a Veeam license (Type: Evaluation, Edition: Enterprise Plus) as of few weeks ago I noticed some Event ID’s are not generated by Veeam such as 24040 (Support contract for Veeam Backup & Replication is about to expire in <number of days> Days.)).
I’m still receive the following Event ID’s 10090, 150, 10010. The question is how can Veeam stop logging some Event ID’s to Event Viewer or is there some configuration that needs to be done. I thought maybe it was updates that disabled it. Since there are a lack of logs in /Applications and Services Logs/Veeam Backup/ I’m unsure how to troubleshoot this.

Any advice or direction would be appreciated
Thank in advance
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam EventID Missing

Post by foggy »

Not sure I fully understand the issue. Are you saying that the 24040 event should be logged while it is not? Do you mean that the license expiration date is close enough? Then it might be the 1 month grace period that is added to the license expiration date before support actually expires.
Gsmith
Novice

Post by Gsmith »

@foggy
Thank you for the reply, and yes EventID 24040 should and was being logged 14 days prior the license expired. This is Evaluation licnese so i believe there is no grace period involved.
I also did not recieve an alert that my license has expired.I noticed this issue during a preventive maintenance period. just to be sure I execute a test email and it worked, so Im not sure what happened in the span of two weeks. I went through all the logs looking or errors nothing that peratined to Veeam, actually no errors were logged in two weeks from Veeam.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Let me chime in here. There is no support contract for the evaluation license key, thus this event (ID 24040) should not be triggered. Since we are talking about evaluation license, then you should see this event (ID 24022) in the Windows Event log.

Here is a bit more info on the grace period depending on the license type: License Expiration
Gsmith
Novice

Post by Gsmith »

@Vitsliy S.
Thank you for your reply.
"Veeam Edition: Enterprise Plus"
"Veeam Type: Evaluation"
So now I'm wondering what might be happening with my installation. If eventid 24040 should not be trigger then why did I receive this Warning in my Windows Event Viewer.

Code: Select all

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Veeam MP" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">24040</EventID> 
  <Level>3</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-04-11T12:42:28.000000000Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>160356</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>Veeam Backup</Channel> 
  <Computer>labveeam.enseva-labs.net</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
then you should see this event (ID 24022) in the Windows Event log.
I did a global search and did not receive this eventid 24022.

Just to be clear, In 30 Days all i did was install Veeam License.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Seems like a bug at first glance (the support expiration warning is triggered for evaluation license), but do you mind logging support ticket (possible with evaluation license) and provide its number here? We will take a look at your case internall and try to confirm the described behaviour. Thanks!