Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
dcampregher
Service Provider
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Diogo Campregher

Replication issue with V10

Post by dcampregher »

Hello!

I'm configuring a replication environment that need to use the Backup Copy Chain to be the source for the replication job. When the job start, the following error occur immediatelly:

"No restore points found"

The Support ( case 04147500 ) told that this is know problem with the V10 and it's solution will be provided only on the next release. My question was if is possible to apply a fix or patch for my environment but the answer is not.

It's very frustrating because the Project need this resource, the link between the two sites is limitated and already is satured with the backup copy Jobs. The Support ask me for use the Backup Chain or the Production VMs, i disagree with this worakound.

Anyone can help or we need wait the Veeam release the next version ?
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 635 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Replication issue with V10

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi Diogo,

Replication from Backup Copy chain with immediate mode is currently, indeed, not possible (works with periodic mode though).
It is a confirmed bug, which is going to be addressed in the next product release.

Cheers,
Oleg
dcampregher
Service Provider
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Diogo Campregher

Re: Replication issue with V10

Post by dcampregher »

Hi Oled! Thanks you so much. With the backup mode configured to "copy interval" the replication from the backup copy works fine.

I