Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
thjor
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times

Veeam One Agent fills C volume

Post by thjor »

Hi

We are seeing that disk space on two of our VBR servers is running low on disk space where the source of the issue comes from the user that the Agent uses to access the server.
The data is in the users temp folder "C:\Users\<service account>\AppData\Local\Temp\VID\" and on one of the servers it was 70GB where C: was down to 28 MB free space.

As soon as we restart the Agent service it clears the users temp folder.

Veeam One Agent i v10.0.1.750

Is this normal or maybe a known bug?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam One Agent fills C volume

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

I'm not aware of this issue based on the support team feedback. How large are your backup servers? How many VMs do you protect and do you have any triggered VID alarms at the time when logs are not removed?

Thanks!
thjor
Service Provider

Post by thjor »

Hi Vitaliy

The one with the 70GB VID have around 1000 VM and 192 jobs and i haven't seen any alarms from that server when this happened. But it looks like it could be because we have over 100+ hyper-v hosts that it collect logs from.
I deleted a lot of old logs from the VBR server itself (which only freed about 12GB out of 40) but since i haven't got access to our hypervisors i can't delete old logs there.
Why doesn't it send the logs to the Veeam One server after it is collected from one host and then zippet?

At the moment the VID folder is actually growing again and is now using 27.3 GB.
thjor
Service Provider

Post by thjor »

Now it finally got done. There was over 90 GB of zipped data :o
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Thor,

The logs in the "C:\Users\<service account>\AppData\Local\Temp\VID\" folder on a backup server should be cleaned once the logs have been fully sent to a Veeam ONE server for analysis. If you suppose that did not happen, please raise a support case so our engineers could collect and pass us all the information needed to identify the root cause.

Thanks
thjor
Service Provider

Post by thjor »

Hey Fedor

It processed all the logs from that folder and they are now cleared. The problem was that it filled all the disk space on two of our VBR servers just to gather all the logs and zip them.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Thor,

Got it. Thank you for the information. We'll assess what can be improved there, but as of now, we would recommend increasing the amount of space on the affected backup servers.

Also, it would be great to make sure you do not have verbose logging activated on the backup servers because it might impact the size of the logs.

Thanks
thjor
Service Provider

Post by thjor » 1 person likes this post

Hi Fedor

We have increased the space on the servers. We only have the default level of logging enabled which i bet isn't the verbose logging you are talking about?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, default is not verbose.