Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
PAF
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter Almer Frederiksen

Feature request: Tape job report - specify which tape drive failed

Post by PAF »

Hi - it would be of help if the tape job report added information about which tape drive are in use for a tape.
For example, the text from the report which I have copied in below, gives no clue of which of the tape drives in the library has a problem.

Tape library: IBM 3573-TL F.11 (gly-backup90.skov.com)
Used tapes: 000019L7 [000019L7]b
Processing incremental backup of File servers - Backup
Processing incremental backup of dol-sensors
Tape positioning error: Tape error: '1117' (The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.) Tape positioning error: Tape error: '1117' (The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.)
TapeDrive alert: The tape drive is having problems reading data. No data has been lost, but there has been a reduction in the performance of the tape..
TapeDrive alert: The tape drive has a hardware fault:. Turn the tape drive off and then on again. Restart the operation. If the problem persists, call the tape drive supplier helpline.
TapeDrive alert: The tape drive may have a hardware fault. Run extended diagnostics to verify and diagnose the problem. Check the tape drive users manual for device specific instructions on running extended diagnostic tests..
Job has been terminated Error: Critical tape drive alert

[Server05 - File server] Tape positioning error: Tape error: '1117' (The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.) Tape positioning error: Tape error: '1117' (The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.)
Incremental backup: Tape positioning error: Tape error: '1117' (The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.) Tape positioning error: Tape error: '1117' (The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.)

[DS-PICUPLOAD01] Critical tape drive alert
Incremental backup: Critical tape drive alert
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Feature request: Tape job report - specify which tape drive failed

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
your request sounds useful to me, but I would like to check with support what we can do with the current logs... could you please post the case number?

Best regards,
Hannes