Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
TonyQuick
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tony Quick

Backup entire system drive but exclude secondary drive

Post by TonyQuick »

I currently use a different backup solution on my machine, and I use Veeam Agent for Windows on most of the other machines. I want to change to Veeam on my machine too, now.

I need to have a DR recovery backup for my machine. I have 2 hard drives. C: is my primary drive. D: is only used to hold backups and some temporary virtual machine images that don't need to be backed up. So, I don't want D: included in the backup since it is the target for the backup.

I created the backup job using Volume level backup, then checked Show system and hidden volumes. I selected C: and Operating system, but not D:. All of the hidden partitions are checked as well.

My question is does anyone know: if I needed to restore to a new drive, would that backup allow it to work the same as a bare metal recovery of a machine with a single drive?

Tony
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Backup entire system drive but exclude secondary drive

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

Yes, that works. As you checked "operating system", you have all the data you need to restore the operating system plus the required hidden partitions.

Best regards,
Hannes