Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
adexl

#04175281 Backup fails due to certificate/no valid private key

Post by adexl »

Dear community, I try to backup a v-server from Strato which is running Debian. Veeam Agent was installed successfully and a rescan operation from the Veeam Backup Console works fine. But when doing a backup the operation fails with the following error message:

Error: Failed to execute agent management command startBackup. The certificate used to connect to backup server has no valid private key.

I tried to use credentials user/root and even private/public key authentication. The remote server accepts both authentication methods without any issue. Does anyone have a similar problem or even knows a solution for that? Thanks for your kind help! Alex.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: #04175281 Backup fails due to certificate/no valid private key

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
unfortunately you did not attach logs to your case and the email address also seems to have a problem as the answer from support to you returned with "(Undelivered): 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox"

the next thing you might run into is that Strato V-Servers are Virtuozzo containers. So you need to do file based backup: veeam-agent-for-linux-f41/can-val-run-i ... =Virtuozzo

I don't know how much you want to backup, but maybe it is even easier to do NAS-backup instead of agent based backup.

Best regards,
Hannes
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

I have the same error. Yesterday, I have upgraded 4 veeam Agents for Linux to Version 4.
Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04

case Nr: 04513502
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Solution was to recreate veeam agent config DB and rescan the agent from VBR Console.
Veeam Support wrote: 1) Stop the service:
# systemctl stop veeamservice
2) Make database backup:
# mv /var/lib/veeam/veeam_db.sqlite /var/lib/veeam/veeam_db.sqlite.bak
3) Start the service:
# systemctl start veeamservice
4) Wait a few minutes for the database to rebuild
5) Rescan machine in the protection group
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software