Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cfizz34
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Chad

Anyone else experiencing sluggish UI performance?

Post by cfizz34 »

Ever since moving to V10 (but keep in mind VMWare and Data Domain were also updated) its been a love and hate type of upgrade. If I knew what I know now, I would have waited on V10 much longer. The UI is much more sluggish even after adding 12GB more. Also, IR just doesn't seem to be useful for me and its super slow IMO. Lastly, I ran into a issue where VMware is doing something with CBT and if you can a snapshot while its running then you will not be able to vmotion it off when you bring it back up unless you power it on first.
cfizz34
Expert

Anyone else expericicing sluggish UI performance?

Post by cfizz34 »

Since going to V10 (currently I'm on 10.0.0.4461 P1) the UI is very sluggish and delayed. I've had to add 12GB of memory after the upgrade but it doesn't seem to help and when you click on various items its very delayed in showing the results.

Example; I click on running under the last 24 hours section and the green dots on the top just blink and blink and then after a min or so it will show the 2 jobs that are running.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Anyone else expericicing sluggish UI performance?

Post by veremin »

Definitely not expected, and given the update adoption such issue would have popped immediately, if there were a bug or something. Must be something environment-specific, so, please, our support team for further investigation. Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Anyone else experiencing sluggish UI performance?

Post by Gostev »

Well, not exactly unexpected to be honest: this issue was first reported 3 months ago, and there's the hotfix available for over a month now ;) but indeed, based on support statistics it does not seem to affect too many people, meaning in most cases the slowdown is not that noticeable.

This hotfix will be rolled into Cumulative Patch 2.
cfizz34
Expert

Re: Anyone else experiencing sluggish UI performance?

Post by cfizz34 »

Thanks Gostev for the other link...I thought I was going crazy with the sluggishness I was experiencing.