Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Andreas_HGW
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andreas Schütz

more option for the scheduler

Post by Andreas_HGW »

Hello

I just installed the Veeam Agent for Windows. I want to use the program from time to time to do a backup of the C:\ drive of my windows 10 PC.
I do not want any kind of automatic scheduler, but decide by myself when a buckup should be done. Usually this is about every 2-4 weeks, e.q. if I install a new program or update an existing one. All my personal data are on different drives or partitions and will by synchronized differently. If I open the Veeam Control panel and try to prepare a backup, there is no possibilty to prepare a manual backup. And there is no possibilty just to say "backup now" like in all other backup programs.

Is there any possibilty to prepare and save a manual backup job which you can start when ever you want and how often you want?

I know that this is a free software, I have no problem to pay a small reasonable price for a license for a scheduler with more features and the ability to manage existing backups.
But I do not want install the VeeamBackup&Replication software which is oversized for my pc.

best regards
Andreas
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: more option for the scheduler

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Andreas. Actually, "Backup Now" is the only button we have in the main UI screen, to the right of Last backup label and above backup status bars. Did you miss it? Thanks.
Andreas_HGW
Novice

Post by Andreas_HGW »

Sorry, the button was too large, I missed it.
Andreas_HGW
Novice

Post by Andreas_HGW »

How can I delete a canceled backup from the history list? Thanks.
Andreas_HGW
Novice

Post by Andreas_HGW »

And how can I create a job via "backup now" with a shutdown at the end ?
I created a backup job every day at 00:30 with "shutdown" and disabled scheduled backups (because I can not create a manual job without setting a fixed time)
And then I pressed "Backup now". The backup was done successfully, but the PC did not shutdown.

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

You cannot edit backup history.

The shutdown setting applies to scheduled jobs only. When you run the job manually, we won't shutdown the computer because presumably the user is still present (since he clicked the button).
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

You can set a custom event viewer filter to "Event ID 190 + Information" - that will give you all successful Backup Job Runs(add "warning" and "error" statuses for all exit events). And then "Attach task to this custom view" with "Run a program" to .bat with shutdown script like "@Echo OFF shutdown /s /t 60". Every time your backup job finishes your PC will go down within 60 seconds.
/Cheers!