Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MarkBoothmaa
Veeam Legend
Liked: 49 times
Full Name: Mark Boothman

FR - Dedicated Replication Proxies

Post by MarkBoothmaa »

Hi,

Is it possible to request the ability to have a pool of proxies dedicated to either backups or replication.

In our environment we have replicas running every 30 minutes and then over night we have backups o all our hosted servers. If we left the jobs to do the auto choosing of a proxy replicas would miss the 30 minutes delta due to slots being tied up ona backup. At the moment I manually edit this and split my proxies out but would be nice to have the option to say use the backup proxies or replica proxies depending on the type of job

Regards
Mark
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: FR - Dedicated Replication Proxies

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Mark,

Thank you for this feature request, we will discuss it in the context of future versions.
You've chosen the right way to cope with current behaviour.
Also, if it makes sense for you due to current workload, you could extend the number of slots.

Thanks!
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Post by tdewin »

Not 100% covering you request but also know that there is a feature called proxy affinity. On your repositories for backup, you could deselect the proxies you want to use for replication only. Do know that they are also not 100% strict, just giving priority to those that you selected
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100

But as stated above, the way you are doing it is would be stricter thus resulting in more predictable results
MarkBoothmaa
Veeam Legend
Liked: 49 times
Full Name: Mark Boothman

Post by MarkBoothmaa »

Thanks both.

I'll look into proxy affinity in a bit more detail and see if i can at least take some of the overhead off.

Thanks
Mark