Management reporting and documentation
kosborn
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ken

Visio of Clusters and ESX Hosts

Post by kosborn »

I must be missing something -- is there not a way to output a Visio which simply shows Clusters (at a Parent Level) and each ESX Host that is a member of a given Cluster?

I see that by using the OfflineReportPack\Infrastructure report that you can output a 'Configuration' Visio; however, this groups all of the ESX Hosts together in a Generic Cluster entity without actually indicating each individual ESX Host Name...

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Visio of Clusters and ESX Hosts

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ken,

If you want to review Clusters/Hosts configuration you should be using Base report pack -> Infrastructure report. Visio Configuration report only allows viewing what folders, clusters, datacenters and resource pools are configured in your virtual infrastructure and what VMs belong to them.

Thank you.
kosborn
Lurker
Full Name: Ken

Post by kosborn »

Ah, thank you - I (easily) know how to see which ESX Hosts are a member of a given Cluster; however, I was hoping for an easy (and quick) way to create a Visio of this relationship without having to manually create the Visio myself.

Seems like this would be rather simple to do for Veeam Reporter since the product is almost there with the offline Infrastructure report -- too bad...

Off to Powershell now.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ken, thanks for the feedback. I will see what can be done here.
Wolfee2075
Lurker
Full Name: David Wolf

Post by Wolfee2075 »

Has there been an update to this? As of the new 9.5 you still can't see the VM's at the host level. Is this something that will be in a newer release?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello David,
Now in the Visio report (Infrastructure Overview) you can see VMs under clusters and hosts within their resource pools.
Is your request to have those VMs in Visio just under hosts and clusters with no resource pools?
Thanks!