Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
libelle
Lurker
Liked: never

Very slow backup with Veeam Agent for Windows Free Edition in OneDrive for Business

Post by libelle »

Hi,

I searched the forum for my problem and also found old entries with similar problems. However, I have not found a solution.

I created a backup job with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 4.0.0.1811 Free Edition, which uses my Microsoft OneDrive for Business as target. (I have stored the crendentials of my OneDrive for Business account in Veeam)

My upload bandwidth is 100 MBit/s.

My "Volume level backup" (Full Backup, drive C, 416.2 GB) has been running for almost 40 hours now and is at about 50%.
The backup target directory in OneDrive for Business is defined as a synchronization exception, so that it is not immediately downloaded again in OneDrive for Business Client to the computer.

Where can the error be?

Best grretings,
Sebastian
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Very slow backup with Veeam Agent for Windows Free Edition in OneDrive for Business

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Sebastian,
1. Please open a support ticket. Free products are supported on "best effort" basis, but still got the chance to be picked by support. We require support case ID included in posts about technical issues.
2. Check manual upload speed to same OneDrive with native client to get "expected speed". 100Mbps source upload speed gives a limit of 12.5MB\s with 100% utilization(which is almost never the case). OneDrive has it's own limits, so better give it a test outside Veeam too.
3. Check Backup Job logs under %ProgramData%\Veeam\Endpoint. That might shed some light as we could get some timeouts\locks from OneDrive side.
/Cheers!