Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
jonrees73
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jonathan rees

Rename backup job?

Post by jonrees73 »

Have recently started looking after a Veeam environment were multiple jobs have been renamed. It seems invalid data in Veeam ONE Reporter is linked to renaming backup jobs. Filtering reports to any VM contained in a renamed job returns nothing. The default 'Protected VM' report classes VMs in renamed jobs as not backed up. Once I had noticed the correlation between the renames and the missing report data followed the KB to rename folders.
The information in the Disks list now matches the new backup job name. It doesnt seem to have updated the data in the backend SQL database as Veeam ONE Reports are still missing data from renamed backup jobs. Should be getting read access to the Veeam SQL instance from the dba this week so can confirm this is the issue (and will update post if this is correct)

Has anyone come across this issue of renamed jobs messing up reporting data and have a fix?
If not would avoid renaming backup jobs even if OCD is pushing for it!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Rename backup job?

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hi Jonathan,

Do you see the correct job names in the Monitor UI? If there is an issue in the reporting interface only, then I would suggest opening a case for the correction-fix. Once you open the case, please let me know your case ID, so I could give a heads up to our RnD team on your issue.

P.S. I've moved your post to the Veeam ONE forums.
jonrees73
Novice

Post by jonrees73 » 1 person likes this post

Hi Vitaliy S - case is now opened case ID #04199074
jonrees73
Novice

Post by jonrees73 » 1 person likes this post

case ID #04199074
Update now have been granted access to the Veeam ONE SQL database.

Table monitor.BpVm has all VMs listed some several times under different hostsystem_uid.
Any VM in this table that only has lines with entity_id=NULL does not appear as having any backups under any reports.
Have checked multiple VM with NULL and all are listed as not protected in 'Protected VMs' report exact correlation.