Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
dpeach01
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Denis Peach

VEEAMOne v10 with AHV VUL licenses

Post by dpeach01 »

My sales rep tells me that VeeamOne is included in my license of Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV v10. License Support says it is not. they both have stopped responding to my open case requesting a VeeamOne license key.

Who is telling the truth?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VEEAMOne v10 with AHV VUL licenses

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Denis,

If you have Veeam Availability Suite product, then Veeam ONE is included in this offer. If it is just Veeam Backup for Nutanix (Not Suite), then it is not included.

Hope this helps!
dpeach01
Influencer

Post by dpeach01 »

This is the name of my license:

Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV
tmiller
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by tmiller »

@dpeach01

From your previous Post, it appears your License file is for the V1 of Veeam Availability for Nutanix. V1 of VAN does not work with VeeamOne or VBR v10.

Veeam Backup for Nutnaix AHV which was recently released replaced VAN v1 as a product and is Now Part of VUL and sold as under VBR or VAS VUL. There is no longer a Dedicated SKu for nutanix.

1. You will first need to download and install the New Veeam backup for AHV Kit from the download page located here. https://www.veeam.com/availability-nuta ... nload.html
The customer will be given the option to Upgrade an existing proxy or deploy a new one.

2. You will need to convert their existing Veeam availability for Nutanix License Over to a VBR VUL or VAS VUL if they want to use Veeamone reporting. Licensing support should be able to assist with the Conversion of the License to VBR VUL but if the customer needs to Upgrade to VAS VUL for this VAN license then they will need to engage the Renewals team to assist.
dpeach01
Influencer

Post by dpeach01 »

Huh? I'm already running B&R v10 and VAN 2.0 on one of my sites - the site I am asking about. The license key works in B&R but not in VeeamOne.

I also have this license - (Also subscription):

Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus

Ive been a Veeam customer for over 10 years, and licensing has always been my pet peeve with Veeam. They can't seem to simplify it. So are you saying I do or do NOT have Veeam One entitlement with my current license agreement? (Understanding that I need to upgrade to v10 first)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Having Veeam Availability for Nutanix (aka Veeam backup for Nutanix) does not include Veeam ONE, so it must be a "Veeam Availability Suite" and not "Veeam Backup & Replication" to be eligible to use the product.