Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
MGT1981
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Veeam Cloud connect losing connectivity for certain jobs

Post by MGT1981 »

Hey everyone,

been going back and for with my cloud service provider and veeam support for a month of this. we have a cloud connect job that stopped working seemingly after the update to V10. the job will suddenly come up with Failed to preprocess target Error: The wait operation timed out
Unable to create target storage, processing will be retried (retry 1 out of 6) we rescan/etc and nothing resolves it. if we disable the job and make a clone of it, it will run fine for 2-4 days then start doing the same thing again. We HAD 2 other copy jobs that were working fine. We spoke to veeam support Monday after trying to get in touch for several weeks and we came to the idea of completely recreating the job from scratch and reseeding all of the data. Veeam was going to escalate the case and follow up yesterday to check the status with our cloud service provider. So far from what i am told that has not happened.

In the meantime we noticed about 20 minutes after we got off the phone with Veeam that the NEW copy job failed and another one of our jobs started failing. Both now display the error "Cannot connect to target backup repository" Again, rescan does not help. what is strange is that we are STILL able to run one of our other jobs to that same repository with seemingly no issue. When the new error came up this time we also recieved a notification box that said "“inner sql exception in the service provider infrastructure please contact your service provider”

Long and short we have been going on a month now with very unreliable cloud backups and would love any insight that someone might have. Veeam support is always top notch, which is one of the reasons we use the product and I understand that support is probably getting killed with requests right now but we need some kind of resolution. So any insight anyone might have would be very much so appreciated

the case number is 04168264 and it is opened under our cloud service provider's information

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: Veeam Cloud connect losing connectivity for certain jobs

Post by Gostev »

Hello!

Actually, our support load is already back to normal at this time (except the U.S. team).

As a first step, I recommend your cloud connect provider installs the Cumulative Patch 2 for v10 that was just released a couple of days ago. From creating a KB article I remember it fixes a couple of issues that may cause the behavior above.

Thanks!
MGT1981
Enthusiast

Post by MGT1981 »

Thanks Gostev

I will tell them.

Just to be clear this is only an install for the provider?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Post by Gostev »

Do you have any reasons not to install it on your end as well? It's the best practice to have the latest and matching patch level.
MGT1981
Enthusiast

Post by MGT1981 »

No not at all I just wasn't sure if it was something that needed to be installed on both ends at the time I originally posted the question I couldn't find the download for it but after this week's digest I see it now