Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
OrvilleB
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jim Booska

Veeam 10 backup copy job

Post by OrvilleB »

Hello,
In previous versions of Veeam I was able to set a copy interval in days.
This was useful when doing copies to a cloud provider.
On the first copy, I could set the interval for 10 days, assuring that the initial copy would complete.
In version 10, that setting is gone.
How should I setup the copy job to ensure it completes the initial copy before the next cycle starts?
I'm new with using the cloud for offsite copy and do not know how to "seed" the cloud repository.

Orville.
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Veeam 10 backup copy job

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Jim,

Am I right that you need Backup Copy Intervals configuration?
In v10 there are two Backup Copy modes: immediate copy and periodic copy. Manual intervals configuration is available for Periodic copy mode.

You can pick Backup Copy mode (and configure these intervals if you chose periodic copy) on Step 2. Specify Job Name and Copy Mode of the job creation.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam 10 backup copy job

Post by foggy »

That said, Immediate mode should work for the initial copy fine as well - it will just continue copying until it's done and then catch up with all the incremental restore points, should the initial copy drag out. Each mode has its own pros and contras so consider which one addresses your needs best. Keep in mind though that once the mode is selected for the job and the job is created, you wouldn't be able to switch to another one.