Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
eric.martel
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Martel

[Feature Request] Case # 04212355

Post by eric.martel »

Hi Team Veeam,

After a migration of public folders to O365 (20000 Folders), I experienced an issue
that blocked me at some point with Veeam Office 365.

There was some folders that had not the proper rights to read a folder and job failed.

After I did the correction, the job needed to start from scratch. It happened on multiple
folders so was a pain.

Is ther a way that You can develop an option to "Skip item if failed after few retries" so that
the job can continue to the end. This way, it would be possible to complete the job and be available
in the explorer. Since You already know the problematic folders, You can just gave a list for corretions.

Then, when we start back the job, just proceed with the new changes (Corretions)

Thanks for your collaboration to improve

Eric Martel

See ;
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request - Case # 04212355

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey Eric,

First: Welcome to the forums!

While certainly a good idea, the problem is with the public folders... We can only connect (O365 limitation) to the root. So even if we would be able to skip (if possible, need to verify that) we would still need to start from the beginning again, because as long as we have not went over the entire public folder structure, we cannot "know" about the changes. Public folders is a bit of a difficult "beast" I'm afraid