Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Mavz11
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Manuel Espartero

Backup to Tape (VTL) GFS media not found

Post by Mavz11 »

I have Monthly archiving job to run every 1st Sunday of the Month, backup to tape (VTL)

The backup runs successfully but no data sent and status No GFS candidate for Monthly media set. http://prnt.sc/sv7wr0.

I know we recent backup, but how come it was not found?

Also when I tried to run Start and Active Full backup, those options are both grayed out. Any advise please?

http://prnt.sc/sv7xln

I have already raise the issue to Veeam support with case number 04215811, and still no reply from the support.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Backup to Tape (VTL) GFS media not found

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Manuel and welcome to the forums!

According to the case info you have requested update 1 minute after case was created. I see you had a call with our Support Engineer within 1 hour, pointing out that Basic Support entitlement you have will get first available Support Engineer to pick the case on Monday morning, as per Veeam Support Policy. Please, give Support Engineer that will pick your case tomorrow some time to inspect attached logs as this issue might require deeper inspection.

P.S. Quick look in the logs shows "No candidates was found. Details: Skipping virtual full creation because no backup files were created in repository for this day.". Are you sure primary backup job completed successfully? Apparently you have exported logs for Tape Job only, thus I cannot confirm main backup job status myself.
/Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup to Tape (VTL) GFS media not found

Post by Dima P. »

Additionally, please make sure you are have the latest Veeam Backup & Replication 10 Cumulative Patch 2 installed. We had several issues with GA v10 version where restore point was not detected correctly in the source backup chain. Cheers!