Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
patrickwilson412
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Patrick Wilson

VM Not Available

Post by patrickwilson412 »

I'm trying to test a Guest File Restore from a VM that I know is up and running. The backup seems to work just fine, but when I click "Overwrite" to do the restore it fails and says "VM Not Available". I'm pretty positive I've done a restore from this machine before. I made sure that VMWare tools is running as another posted suggested, and restarted the service for good measure. Other restores seem to be working ok. I did notice that I have to manually enter credentials when I go to do the restore, which I don't when restoring to other VM's. I am running Veeam Backup and Replication 10. The VM in question is running Windows Server 2003. Did me upgrading to Version 10 cause a compatability issue? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2275 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VM Not Available

Post by Mildur »

Some features was removed with veeam V10. But File Level Restore should be woeking

vmware-vsphere-f24/less-windows-server- ... 64392.html
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 526 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Patrick,

I recommend to contact our support team: debug logs analysis is the only method to understand the source of the error message encountered.

Please don't forget to provide us with support case id, posts about technical issues without case number will be eventually removed by moderator.

Thanks!
patrickwilson412
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Patrick Wilson

Post by patrickwilson412 » 1 person likes this post

Thanks. My case number is 04233522