Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
nvdwansem
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

[IBM Cloud Storage] Failed to retrieve certificate with v10

Post by nvdwansem »

Hey guys,

Since version 10 I also notice more issues than before, did any of you have issue with certificates?

I get a lot of unable 30-4-2020 00:40:24 :: Failed to retrieve certificate from hxxps://s3.private.eu.cloud-object-storage.appdomain.cloud/

Which I never had prior to version 10.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Failed to retrieve certificate

Post by veremin »

What's the Veeam support case ID for this issue? Also, in future please do not hi-jack existing threads with offtopic - this derails them, and seriously complicates further communication. Thanks for understanding!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: [IBM Cloud Storage] Failed to retrieve certificate with v10

Post by Gostev »

I just wanted to note that public cloud is not a static thing... for example, the data center hosting your data may now be overloaded. Azure had such issues lately with some of its most popular data center locations.
nvdwansem
Enthusiast

Post by nvdwansem »

@veremin, excuse me? I merely asked if they ran into the same issue, so hi-jacking really? That being said : 04129977 that's the case number but no real progress as far as I can see.

@Gostev right before version 10 it was working as a charm from all SOBR's without any issues at all, mind that we use the backbone of IBM and send it to private addresses, I've been doing that successfully since offloading was introduced. I can get it to work with version 10 if I remove certificates but that shouldn't be the way to do it.

Also the general experience is that VEEAM 10 is way slower and consuming way more resources than 9.5 was doing.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

nvdwansem wrote: May 06, 2020 4:58 amAlso the general experience is that VEEAM 10 is way slower and consuming way more resources than 9.5 was doing.
Well, this is really strange - your experience doesn't match the fact that we made many changes in v10 specifically to reduce CPU and RAM consumption of various backup infrastructure components (they are captured in the What's New document), nor feedback we're getting from other customer about v10. So perhaps there's something else to it in your case. I hope our support will be able to pinpoint it quickly for you!
nvdwansem
Enthusiast

Post by nvdwansem » 1 person likes this post

So it was solved bij VEEAM R&D, it had to do with the SSL revocation list, but since we use the private IBM COS URL our servers aren't connected to the internet, they've implemented a reg key which bypasses the revocation check.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Great, thanks for coming back to share the resolution.
doctor_r
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan C

Post by doctor_r »

Thanks for the info, facing the same issue right now and support case has been spinning for a week now.
ronnmartin61
Veeam Software
Liked: 131 times
Full Name: Ronn Martin

Post by ronnmartin61 »

The case referenced above (04129977) certainly does indicate we have a patch for this. Perhaps have your support engineer peruse the internal case notes?