Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
alexverschoor
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alex Verschoor

Windows multi-path SAS HPE Auto-loader

Post by alexverschoor »

Hi,

I've a Windows server 2019 with a dual-port SAS HBA connected to HPE 1/8 G2 TapeAutoloader with 1 LTO6 6250 drive. I cabled both SAS cabled directly from server to loader/drive. Server now sees 2 medium changers and LTO drives (all with most recent OEM drivers). How I can install MPIO for this SAS LTO drive?

Tried using "mpiocpl" and then at "Discover Multi-Paths" checked "add support for SAS devices" but no multipath found.

What I'm missing here?

Regards,
Alex
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Windows multi-path SAS HPE Auto-loader

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alex,

Cant remember any issues with multi-path support with most recent version of Veeam B&R. Can you clarify if you see multiple changes /drives in Veeam B&R console or in Windows device manager? Thanks!
alexverschoor
Novice

Post by alexverschoor »

Hi Dima,

I see multiple devices (Auto-Loaders and Drives) in Device Manager. Didn’t add tape devices to B&R yet because I wanted to be sure I had the Windows part correct.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

If I remember correctly that's expected - the request and path selection should be handled by the drivers. Is it possible for you to check with the vendor's support if that's expected or not (and to make sure that the driver version is correct one for MPIO)? Thanks!
alexverschoor
Novice

Post by alexverschoor »

Will do. Thank you