Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

When will VAW v4 be available to install from within VAW v3?

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

When will Veeam Agent for Windows v4 be available to install from within Veeam Agent for Windows v3?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: When will VAW v4 be available to install from within VAW v3?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
if you mean the update notification... due to the fact that COVID-19 has impact on our support capabilities (home-office) we decided to not enable the update notifications for Backup and Replication and the agents yet.

But you can update at every time. That way we "flatten the curve" in support (because many people don't read release notes and user guides which causes high support load at every update).

Best regards,
Hannes
kokishin
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Koki Shin

Post by kokishin »

I have been waiting for the update feature to occur within the VAW control panel as well. However, I understand Veeam's reason for not enabling this.

I am still running Win 10 Pro 1903 with VAW 3.0.2.1170 - Free Edition.

I was thinking I would skip 1909 and wait for 2004 and the corresponding version of VAW (when available).

Any reason to manually upgrade to VAW v4 while running 1903?

BTW, I would pay for a licensed version of VAW if there was a reasonable way to do this for an individual user. I do appreciate that Veeam offers VAW for free for us little guys.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Any reason to manually upgrade to VAW v4 while running 1903?
A general rule I try to apply in IT is to update to every major version and only sometimes skip minor versions. The reason for that is, that upgrades for one major version to the next usually works best.

But I would not call my principle a "must do". If everything is working fine, there is also "never touch a running system" :-)