Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
AlfaT
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Alfa Team

Free workstation backup to Amazon S3

Post by AlfaT »

Hello,

Couldn't really decide which forum to post this one, but tried here, hope it will fit.

I have a single (personal) workstation at home I need to backup and would like to do it both to local destinations and also to Amazon (Glacier Deep Archive for that matter).
I need to backup mostly files. Would also be nice to have if I can do an image backup of my system drive but not a must. Don't need all the rest of the endless features.
Does Veeam has any free solution to facilitate such a requirement ? Went through them all but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance !
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Free workstation backup to Amazon S3

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
Veeam Agent for Windows offers backup to local destinations. It does not offer direct backup to object storage today.

As for Glacier (just as a hint as you will use a different product anyway): I recommend to check Glacier restore costs. Some people already burned money by forgetting about retrieval and early deletion fees

Best regards,
Hannes
AlfaT
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Alfa Team

Post by AlfaT »

Hello Hannes,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm well aware of the costs, but this is a going to be used as an archive for bulks of data. I"m familiar with the downsides, but it will fit my use case.
Is there another Veeam consumer-grade (in terms of pricing) product that can backup to Amazon/Azure/etc. ?

Thanks again.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
no. we have one product that backs up physical windows machines.

Best regards,
Hannes