Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Harald
Enthusiast
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Harald Husemann

Veeam B&R with ClamAV

Post by Harald » 6 people like this post

Hello all,

I'm currently playin' around with some of the new features in v10, and one feature I'd like to test is "Secure Restore". But, I don't have a scanner license for my sandbox systems, so, I've installed the free malware scanner "ClamAV for Windows" (ClamWin) and added it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Mount Service\AntivirusInfos.xml as described in the documentation.
Since I haven't found anything on the web, I've added the necessary informations myself which took some time because of some tweaks in ClamAV config. I'm posting it here, maybe someone searching for a free scanner can use it. So, here's what has to be added to the configuration file on the repo servers for a default ClamWin install:

<AntivirusInfo Name='ClamWIN' IsPortableSoftware='true' ExecutableFilePath='%ProgramFiles(x86)%\ClamWin\bin\clamscan.exe' CommandLineParameters='--database="c:\ProgramData\.clamwin\db" --recursive %Path%' RegPath='' ServiceName='' ThreatExistsRegEx='' IsParallelScanAvailable='false'>
<ExitCodes>
<ExitCode Type='Success' Description='No threats detected'>0</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Type='Error' Description='Antivirus scan was completed with errors'>2</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Type='Infected' Description='Virus threat was detected'>1</ExitCode>
</ExitCodes>
</AntivirusInfo>

HTH and, last not least, many thanks to Veeam for the good documentation of the XML file which makes it really easy to use other scanners!

Harald
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam B&R with ClamAV

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
thanks for sharing the configuration with the community. đź‘Ť

Best regards,
Hannes
jtupeck
Enthusiast
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Jason Tupeck

Re: Veeam B&R with ClamAV

Post by jtupeck »

In case this is helpful, here is the latest config for running ClamAV, done with a fresh install and default options this morning.

<AntivirusInfo Name='ClamWIN' IsPortableSoftware='true' ExecutableFilePath='%ProgramFiles%\ClamAV\clamscan.exe' CommandLineParameters='--database="C:\Program Files\ClamAV\database" --recursive %Path%' RegPath='' ServiceName='' ThreatExistsRegEx='' IsParallelScanAvailable='false'>
<ExitCodes>
<ExitCode Type='Success' Description='No threats detected'>0</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Type='Error' Description='Antivirus scan was completed with errors'>2</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Type='Infected' Description='Virus threat was detected'>1</ExitCode>
</ExitCodes>
</AntivirusInfo>