Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
owahid@nmi.gov.eg
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Omar Wahid

SQL-Cluster

Post by owahid@nmi.gov.eg »

Hi.
I have two physical servers that have MS SQL installed and both servers is working as SQL cluster (NO hypervisor used)
MY question is how to add this servers to veeam ? how to backup? if I want to backup some guest files exist on this servers how can I do it?

I have also two virtual machines that work as SQL cluster they have LUNs from the storage directly exported to the VMs as shared disks.
My question how to add that cluster to veeam? how to backup? if I want to backup some guest files exist on this LUNs how can I do it?

I have also two virtual machines that work as SQL cluster they have a shared VHD .
MY question is how to add this servers to veeam ? how to backup? if I want to backup some guest files exist on this Shared VHD how can I do it?
Thanks
owahid@nmi.gov.eg
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Omar Wahid

Re: SQL-Cluster

Post by owahid@nmi.gov.eg »

We are using Hyper-V 2012 R2 as our hypervisor
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: SQL-Cluster

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Omar,

Sorry for the delay.
I have two physical servers that have MS SQL installed and both servers is working as SQL cluster (NO hypervisor used)
I have also two virtual machines that work as SQL cluster they have LUNs from the storage directly exported to the VMs as shared disks.
You can use Veeam Agents with failover cluster job type for both cases. Take a look at this Help Center article to set it up correctly: fist you need to setup Protection Group , once done you can go and create a job for failover cluster. Here is a great step by step KB article as well - How to Backup a Windows Failover Cluster with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows.
I have also two virtual machines that work as SQL cluster they have a shared VHD .
MY question is how to add this servers to veeam ? how to backup? if I want to backup some guest files exist on this Shared VHD how can I do it?
Please refer to this post for the explanation. Backing up a Windows Failover Cluster with Shared vhdx?. Cheers!