Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Jln
Novice
Liked: never

Link two backup jobs

Post by Jln »

I had a backup job to my local drive. A week ago I modified the job to backup to my NAS. Now some old backups are on my local drive and new ones are on my NAS. The job now seems only have vision on my NAS backups. Is it possible to add those old local backups into the new job visibility? I can copy those local backups to NAS if needed.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Link two backup jobs

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi.
It is too late to move in order to continue previous chain, however old restore points are valid to restore from, even if not visible in Agent UI. When you launch any recovery wizard from Programs(not by clicking visible restore points in UI), there is Backup Location step where you can point us to the old backup chain.
You can move old chain to Nas to keep everything close but NOT to the same folder that your current job is using.
/Cheers!
Jln
Novice
Liked: never

Post by Jln »

What if I move old chain to the current NAS folder, even though Agent won't see it?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Backup files do have timestamps in their names and wont't be of trouble moving in to existing folder, however .vbm backup meta data file will have identical name, thus if overwritten by accident, it will render new chain useless. Just keep two chains separated.
/Thanks!