Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
eduardoinoue
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: eduardo hirochi inoue

Doubt about Tape Library Partitioning

Post by eduardoinoue »

Hi

I have an enviroment where the current backup solution backup to tape library on an IBM TZ3200 this tape library is connected though Fiber channel and each drive has a separate zone but on the tape library I have only on logical library.
The current backup solution is being replaced by Veeam Backup Enterprise Plus V10. Due to limitation we as installing in the same server of the current backup solution where is a physical server and connected using fiber channel.

My question is considering this enviroment is it possible to configure Veeam to use one Drive of the tape library and the legacy backup solution to use the other?

If someone already configure partition on this model of tape library, could please share any hints?

Thanks

Hiro
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Doubt about Tape Library Partitioning

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.
Due to limitation we as installing in the same server of the current backup solution where is a physical server and connected using fiber channel.
I assume with dual boot? Because on the same operating system it is not supported.
My question is considering this enviroment is it possible to configure Veeam to use one Drive of the tape library and the legacy backup solution to use the other?
as long as the two backup software products are not installed at the same operating system / running at the same time, then I see no reason that it does not work.

Is TZ3200 maybe a typo? Because I only know TS 3200 libraries from IBM. And the TS series are known to work fine.

Best regards,
Hannes
vmtech123
Veeam Legend
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: SP

Re: Doubt about Tape Library Partitioning

Post by vmtech123 »

TS3200 supports logical libraries. TS4500 as well.

Currently testing Veeam alongside our legacy platform. Fingers crossed