Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
fazzauk
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

V10 CU2

Post by fazzauk »

Hi
Can i upgrade to v10 cu2 form 9.5.u4 or do I have to install v10 and CU 2 ?
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: V10 CU2

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Download latest ISO and install v10... it will install CU2 automatically.
fazzauk
Influencer

Post by fazzauk » 1 person likes this post

hi thanks

this article is confusing it suggests ISO image version 20200527 which has the Cumulative Patch 2 included:
https://www.veeam.com/kb3161
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Yes, with Cumulative Patches we alway update the ISO with it. Basically there is a folder on the ISO with all Patches and those will be installed automatically.
If we release a new CU, we just add it to the ISO in the folder and upload it. That way new customers always have the latest patch level when they install the product.

So you can download latest ISO or the ISO from the latest CU... it is the same until we release a new release or update like v10a
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

fazzauk wrote: Jul 21, 2020 12:59 pm this article is confusing it suggests ISO image version 20200527 which has the Cumulative Patch 2 included:
https://www.veeam.com/kb3161
Can you please clarify what exactly do you find confusing about this article, and how can we make it less confusing? I just read it, and it seems to already cover your specific case, explicitly answering your question in the first post above:
For ... upgrades from the previous versions, use the updated v10 ISO image version 20200527, which has the Cumulative Patch 2 included
[DOWNLOAD ISO]
For example, were you unsure if Cumulative Patch 2 will still need to be installed manually from some folder on ISO? I can add that as a note.
fazzauk
Influencer

Post by fazzauk »

just say it was stupid question :) and there are plenty more to come.

Just downloaded the ISO with CU2 and I received a email from Veeam advising you need a license to install Veeam products, get your license by visiting the Veeam License management portal.

I already have a license a rental that has 350 instances and 34 used do I need download another license? what do I need to do?
Maxim Karganov
Influencer
Liked: 6 times

Post by Maxim Karganov »

Hello, Fazzauk

This email is sent automatically when .iso download process is started, so you may ignore it in your particular situation since you already have a license installed.

There is another important aspect: v10 setup wizard will validate your license and update it automatically, but you will require to accept this change manually.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have additional questions.