Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
KevCar87
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Carpenter

Clean up Backup Copy drive on Rotated Disk

Post by KevCar87 »

I have a backup copy job that has taken up all my space on my usb drive. There is over a month of backup files on the disk. Originally the restore points was set at 14 so I am confused as to why there are files dating back to over a month. Not sure how to properly clean this up. I have gone back and changed the restore points to 2. The job ran but nothing was removed, the disk is full so the job fails. Thought it was supposed to clean the drive first then back up. Using the Delete from disk deletes everything so I can't use that. How do I clean this drive up? I really just want 1-2 weeks work of data.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Clean up Backup Copy drive on Rotated Disk

Post by Gostev »

It is best to have support take a look why 14 days retention was not applied. They will also help you get out of the current situation. There's no simple way to do this with forever-incremental backups, because it needs some scratch space to do the merges. Thanks!
KevCar87
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Carpenter

Post by KevCar87 »

Since this is the community edition that option is not available.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

With some luck you can get support with Community Edition as well, we provide it on a best-effort basis depending on support staff availability.