Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
manaboom
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mana

Restoring virtual machine in Azure - disconnected network

Post by manaboom »

Hi, I recently restored a specific Veeam backup of a physical server to Azure as a VM and the restore process looked OK.
Did this procedure twice after encoutering the problem below. I have also converted to managed disks.
The problem I am having is described in my recent post to the MS forum (nic seems disconnected): https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... ualization
I am also getting no luck (or no response whatsover in running any commands or serial console access) which means I cannot do anything with that machine.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Restoring virtual machine in Azure - disconnected network

Post by foggy »

I've split your post since it didn't fit the original thread you've posted in. Please check if you've specified the correct network settings during the restore and open a case with our technical support in case everything looks good there. Thanks!
manaboom
Novice

Post by manaboom »

thanks for the tip, did all that, but wont bother tech support as I am fortunatelly only testing this restore. Know that veeam works as I have used it many times to get out of disasterous situations that even Windows bare metal restores could not solve!!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Feel free to bother them in case the issue persists - to prevent the risk of encountering the same behavior during the actual DR. We will think of enabling the serial console during restore, this might be a useful feature in the cases as yours.
manaboom
Novice

Post by manaboom »

ok will do as the situation is really worth figuring out as it will probably come back and bite me in the future.