Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
egroeg
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: George Kenny

Instant VN Recovery Error to 4th Host

Post by egroeg »

Site A - 3 Hosts, VMWare 4.1 + Vcenter - essentials plus
Site B - 1 Host VMWare 4.1 standalone Enterprise licence.

When I conduct an instant vmrecovery on site A, the vm is renamed, vpower nfs kicks in and successful mount of the VM from the backup repository.

When I do the same, but target site B, the VPOWER stage fails with error "Failed to mount the server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX mount point /VeeamBackup_XXXVEEAM. Unable to connect to NFS server".

Both sites are on the same LAN and the vpower backup target is just a simple UNC network share?

Ideas?
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Re: Instant VN Recovery Error to 4th Host

Post by Sethbartlett »

Does the Site B host have a VMKernel connection that the Veeam box can talk to? NFS datastores require VMKernel on the host.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
egroeg
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: George Kenny

Post by egroeg »

Doh - I had just added this prior to reading your message and came back to veeam forums. Indeed - I only had my iSCSI lan facing kernel ports and not a kernel port that had lan access.

I've added this to the same nic as my lan service console. I have two spare nics - would you recommend it good practice to create a separate lan network with these two nics assigned?

Thanks in advance!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Sure, if you can, why not have them separate. Seggregating the network traffic is always a good thing to do.