Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
steve_mc
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Problem exporting logs from nworks Ent Mgr server

Post by steve_mc »

Hi All,

I wanted to export log files via the Enterprise Manager Server and received the following:

The nworks Enterprise server was unable to upload logs from the following collectors:
[VIC host]
[VIC host]

This problem may occur if the user account under which the nworksMC service is running doesn't have permissions for the Log folder on the VEM system.

I have looked around on our collectors and the Ent Mgr to try and examine the nworksMC service and what user account this is trying to run under however I cannot find this service anywhere - any ideas anyone ?

Many thanks,

Steve.
steve_mc
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Re: Problem exporting logs from nworks Ent Mgr server

Post by steve_mc »

Just to follow up: Now sorted - The Enterprise Manager service account required local admin on the Collector servers. Don't remember seeing that in the Installation Guide.
ZachW
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Zach Weed

Re: Problem exporting logs from nworks Ent Mgr server

Post by ZachW »

Steve,

Sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you, just for future reference the required permissions needed with nworks MP can be found on page 9 in the installation guide which can be found under the recources tab of nworks MP for SCOM at veeam.com.

-Zach