Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
adb98
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Aaron B

Storage Snapshots and PowerPath

Post by adb98 »

I am kinda stuck on this issue and need to see if anyone has run into it before. I am testing out storage snapshots with a Dell EMC Unity Array and Direct Attached Storage on my proxy. Server 2019. All is running great and both Veeam and Unity don't show any issues. The issue I am running into is when the snapshot gets added and removed to the proxy server. PowerPath is seeing it as a failed path and is flagging it as such. Running PowerPath 6.5. Unity is up to date with the recommended version.

Not sure where to go with this. I have looked around and can't seem to find any nail in the coffin as to the cause. Currently all my disks are set for active active.

Thoughts?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 527 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Storage Snapshots and PowerPath

Post by PetrM »

Hello Aaron,

What about to raise a support request with EMC and to ask them to take a look at the issue?
We cannot estimate the possibility to address the issue from Veeam side unless we have clear understanding why does PowerPath assign "failed path" flag when snapshots are removed.

Thanks!
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Storage Snapshots and PowerPath

Post by Andreas Neufert »

To avoid fingerpointing between Vendors, there is as well the option to open a Veeam support ticket and ask them to coordinate with DellEMC.