PowerShell script exchange
NorbertB
Lurker
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Norbert Bans

Email-Notification on File Copy Jobs

Post by NorbertB » 2 people like this post

Dear all,
No idea, if this has ever been mentioned here before. If so, sorry, I did not find this in the forum.
Wrong place for the article? Sorry, please move to the proper location...
Via google search I just dicovered one article covering this from this forum, but that addressed the issue for the very old version 7 of the VBR and it did not have a solution.

If email notification on File Copy Jobs is needed but the general notification option shouldn't or can't be used you are normally stuck without proper email notification for your file copy jobs... I found a simple solution to achieve this even though the file copy jobs do not have any kind of notification tab inside the GUI. I just used the Veeam Powershell and configured the notification via the following simple one-liner

Code: Select all

Get-VBRJob -Name "The File Copy Job Name" | Set-VBRJobAdvancedNotificationOptions -SnmpNotification $False -EmailNotification $True -EmailNotificationAddresses "name1@email.com, name2.surname@your.domain.tld"
This configuration persists Management App restarts and Server reboots, it seems that the file copy jobs internally have notification settings but just the GUI does neither show nor configure them... I would assume that you may skip the -SnmpNotification parameter but I just didn't test this.

Greetz, NorbertB
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Email-Notification on File Copy Jobs

Post by oleg.feoktistov » 1 person likes this post

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for sharing! Yes, in powershell it has a bit distinct implementation. Since it is retrievable with a base cmdlet, base operations on this job class are also available.

Best regards,
Oleg