Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
swilson23
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Spencer Wilson

Which Replicas can I Delete?

Post by swilson23 »

Hello Everyone,

We are using VEEAM backup and replication. We have our sites setup to backup locally and replicate to another branch. All jobs are set for 3 restore points They are set to append the "_replica" suffix.

When I connect to vcenter to look at the datastore forreplica jobs, most of them show:
servername_replica_1
servername_replica_2
servername_replica_3

What I am wondering about, is one site replica job has "servername_replica" through "servername_replica_13". This happens for all 4 VMs. I think we should only be seeing 12 folders, but now we have 56.

For the most part, all folders have the same contents, an nvram file, vmx file and vmfx file. The modifed date is the same for most folders/files as well. The _13 folder for each VM has a lot more contents, including snapshots, and vmdk files.

I'm not sure how to know what to keep and what's safe to remove to conserver data.

When I browse the data store if file explorer, there are not as many folders as there are in vcenter.

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Which Replicas can I Delete?

Post by Gostev »

Hello, we cannot possibly tell you which ones are save to delete just from the information above. You should contact support and have them review this over the Webex. Thanks!