Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ryan.odwyer
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan O'Dwyer

4.0.1 Aug 4 Release Notes

Post by ryan.odwyer »

Hi,

The release notes PDF for the latest Veeam Agent doesn't have any updates/changes in it, it only has the system specs and known issues.

Is there another document that will state what has changed in the latest update from yesterday?

Thanks,
Ryan
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: 4.0.1 Aug 4 Release Notes

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I just checked older versions of the release notes and I cannot see that the structure was different before.

Support for Windows 2004 is the only news.

https://www.veeam.com/kb3228

Best regards,
Hannes
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Ryan,

Latest version contains the fixes for the issues reported since 4.0 GA and official Windows 10 build 2004 support. It does not have any other features included. Cheers!

P.S. From Veeam Cloud Connect side of things this update is minor and does not bring any compatibility issues (it acts the same as 4.0 version).
ryan.odwyer
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan O'Dwyer

Post by ryan.odwyer »

No worries, thanks Dmitry & Hannes.

Its been a while since I looked at the Veeam agent and I'm used to seeing bug fixes in the release notes to see if its worth updating.

The release notes for the B&R server 10a(linked above) are similar to what I was thinking I would see for the latest Veeam agent(standalone) update.

many thanks,
Ryan