Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
moctad_harry
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Harry James

Veeam Explorers not updating when using built-in upgrade

Post by moctad_harry »

Hi All,

Did anyone else have an issue when upgrading from 4a (build: 4.0.0.1553) to 4c Day 0 Update (build 4.0.1.531) using the upgrade tool via the hamburger button?

The upgrade ran smoothly, then during post-upgrade testing I notice the Veeam Explorers for Exchange and Sharepoint were unable to load due to an unexpected version.

My workaround was to download the ZIP for 4c Day 0 Update (build 4.0.1.531) from my.veeam.com and run the VeeamExplorerForSharePoint_4.0.1.519.msi files manually.

Support ID = N/A as fixed myself.

Thanks,

Harry
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Veeam Explorers not updating when using built-in upgrade

Post by Mike Resseler »

Harry,

You are correct. And this is done (for now) for a specific reason. Some people like to install this on top of other Veeam solutions, and if we would automatically update the Veeam explorers the other solutions might not be able to do item level recovery anymore, unless you would uninstall the explorers and then install a previous version. This is obviously not a good solution. (By the way, the need to do this manually is also in the release notes ;-)).

However, while I can't say it will be in the next version, we are working on a system where we will be able to automatically update those, and don't risk backwards compatibility with other solutions.

I hope it helps
Mike