Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
WinstonWolf
Veteran
Liked: 11 times

Want "Success" notification only for Sure Backup Job

Post by WinstonWolf » 1 person likes this post

Hi Veeam Team ,

Is there a Solution to become the "Success" notification only for an Sure backup Job but not for all the other Jobs ( Backup to Disk or to Tape )

The reason is that the Success notification for an Sure Backup Job makes sense when this Job also serves to Inform the Head of Department that the Restores for the Core Server are successful.

BUT - i dont like an Success notification for every singe Backup to Disk or backup to Tape Job .

What i try is that i set in the Global Settings an "Success" notification , but under the single B2D or B2T Jobs i deselect the Success Option under notification .

But it dont works .

Is there a Solution for this behaviour?

I m very unhappy that i cant find an Option for this .

Michael
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Want "Success" notification only for Sure Backup Job

Post by nielsengelen »

This isn't possible via the UI. The idea of SureBackup is to perform the test and also inform you if something goes wrong. If you only enable "Success" e-mails, you could easily miss when something is potentially wrong with a backup or server within the group.

The only workaround would be to create some custom PowerShell script which could potentially do this.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
WinstonWolf
Veteran
Liked: 11 times

Re: Want "Success" notification only for Sure Backup Job

Post by WinstonWolf »

Hello ,
Yes understand what u mean - But we as IT System Team have to report our management that restores run successfully as an monthly Report.
Can u tell me the way to creat an Powershell Script for this ?

Thanks
Michael