Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
brupnick
Expert
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Brian Rupnick

Run Multiple Post Job Commands?

Post by brupnick »

Is it possible to run multiple post job commands directly through VBR without the use of a batch file? I have separate jobs for production, test, and development. Right now, production calls test which calls development. Ideally, I'd like to have my production job call the test job and then call an rsync command to start to replicate the production data. I know that I could put both commands into a batch file, but that just seems like another set of files that I have to maintain and would like to keep everything in VBR if possible.

Thank you!
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Re: Run Multiple Post Job Commands?

Post by Sethbartlett »

Sadly, you would need to stick them in a batch file to do this behavior. We can only run one post job command/script.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
brupnick
Expert

Post by brupnick »

Thanks Seth. I figured it was worth a try. Just out of curiosity, what does VBR use to run the post job commands?
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Post by Sethbartlett »

I believe it is command prompt, but I am not 100% sure.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
brupnick
Expert

Post by brupnick »

That's what I thought, which is why I was somewhat surprised when the "&&" notation didn't allow me to string commands together. But that could have been an issue with my syntax, so I'll see if I have some time today to try it some more.