Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
MaverickIT
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ather

Please suggest the best way to save licenses

Post by MaverickIT »

Please suggest me the best option for the below mentioned scenario

I have a HyperV failover Cluster with 2 hosts and a CSV where the VM's reside. I am using a Community edition of Veeam B&R. Should I do an individual vm backup of any other better option to save licenses.(VM on CSV includes , Exchange( with Pass thru disks) , other APP servers (without passthru disks only VHDX) .Also, I would like to backup my Physical Domain controller...possible with Community edition. I am confused about license consumption
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Please suggest the best way to save licenses

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Ather.

Check out "Veeam Essentials" bundle - with Veeam Universal License you can protect any workload no matter of it's type.
Feel free to contact prefered Veeam partners in your region for a quote.

/Thanks!
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Re: Please suggest the best way to save licenses

Post by jmmarton »

I agree with Egor and go with Veeam Backup Essentials which is extremely cost-effective. Licensing is also simple because all VMs consume one license, and the physical server will consume one license.

If you stick with the free Community Edition, use VM-level backup when possible as that will consume one of your ten free licenses. The physical server requires and agent which, with Community Edition, consumes three of your ten free licenses.

Joe