Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
athome
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Anders Thome

StoreOnce Repository v10

Post by athome »

Hi!

We have a customer with a setup of two StoreOnce 3540s and Catalyst license, and they have been running for a couple of years with copy jobs to archive older backups (GFS) on the secondary site(which is where the second StoreOnce is running), 1GBE between the sites.

Right now we are in the process of upgrading the software, so we upgraded to V10 this spring, and applied the patch monday this week, and yesterday I upgraded the software on the secondary StoreOnce to 3.18.18, and I'm going to upgrade the primary on monday.

But I noticed that the documentation on the StoreOnce integration have been much better and more detailed in v10, and in the user guide it says(under Limitations for HPE StoreOnce):
The HPE StoreOnce backup repository does not support the Defragment and compact full backup file option (for backup and backup copy jobs).

So I checked the setup, and this option is greyed out/not selected, but still I notice that the copy job from the primary to the secondary (legacy copy-jobs), are running Compacting full backup file atm. and its been running for 17 hours, is there a way I can stop this from happening?

A
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: StoreOnce Repository v10

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi Andres, could you please kindly look at this thread discussing similar behavior - any chance you're seeing the consequences of the same scenario?
athome
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Anders Thome

Post by athome »

Thanks that seems valid, this job had failed. so once the job completes successful the compact-task should stop showing up on the copy-job right?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, successful backup should prevent this from happening in future.