Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Reset Tape Infrastructure to Factory Default

Post by pronto »

Servus Community,

I am trying to reset the tape infrastructure to factory defaults but all commands to remove the media pools and libraries are greyed out. The only thing I can remove is the tape server as such but after that I can't delete the individual items either.

I have two media pools (Free, Unrecognized) with some tapes in each. Apparently these media pools were created automatically during the initialization of the libraries. But I cannot delete them. Then I have two more libraries but I cannot remove them either. Again the option in the context menu is grayed out.

How do I get rid of all this stuff?

Thx & Bye Tom
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Re: Reset Tape Infrastructure to Factory Default

Post by pronto »

Okay, I got that covered. First I had to remove the tapes in the two media pools from the inventory, then I switched off and unplugged the two libraries, then I could remove them from the tape infrastructure and also the tape server. After that everything looks brand new, as if there never was a tape infrastructure. Also the other software is now happy to have the libraries for itself.

Summary: It seems that I have to think of another concept for using two libraries in different applications.

Thx & Bye Tom
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Reset Tape Infrastructure to Factory Default

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Tom,
I have two media pools (Free, Unrecognized) with some tapes in each. Apparently these media pools were created automatically during the initialization of the libraries. But I cannot delete them. Then I have two more libraries but I cannot remove them either. Again the option in the context menu is grayed out.
These are system media pools: free is used to reflect all available free media (across all libraries), while unrecognized is there to show the media with unknown content (i.e media that requires inventory or catalog operations to be performed). Cheers!