Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Bowlzee
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Craig Bowles

Monitoring and Alerting on a Veeam Server

Post by Bowlzee »

I have Veeam Backup & Replication Server installed and it's working great.

Now I would like to monitor this server, We use Solarwinds to monitor all our servers here.

Are there any guides in what to be monitoring for on these servers, the usual memory and CPU monitoring will occur. But are their any specific SNMP traps to look for etc? Or should I just monitor that the Veeam Service is up and running?

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Monitoring and Alerting on a Veeam Server

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Craig,

Yes, you need to monitor that all services are up and running, in addition to this, make sure that a CPU usage inside the Guest is not maxed out when the jobs are running, as it will affect performance.

Thank you.
rodo
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Roderik Plevka

Post by rodo »

Hi,

we also using SolarWinds ORION to monitor our infrastructure. We used an application monitor template "Veeam Backup and Replication Server", but it is from 2013. After upgrading to version 9.0 we are unable to monitor some Veeam services, perhaps because of changes in VBR architecture. It would be great if someone from Veaam make new template and share it on http://thwack.solarwinds.com/. TNX

rodo
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Do you refer to this template > VEEAM BACKUP AND REPLICATION SERVER?

To the best of my knowledge this module/template is maintained and updated by someone from Solarwinds team, at least they told me so when we had a sync-up call with their product management team.