Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
odis88
Lurker
Liked: never

[Feature Request] Failover Cluster with standalone host

Post by odis88 »

Windows Server 2016 now supports Failover clustering in a workgroup configuration. I'd like to request that Veeam BR support this new server 2016 configuration. Currently to configure an agent based backup of type "Failover Cluster" the prerequisite is that the cluster nodes must be domain joined.
I did create a case to confirm that the behavior I am seeing is the intended functionality, support confirmed this. Case # 02632625
The error is "Unable to process standalone host with failover cluster backup job"

Thanks guys
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: [Feature Request] Failover Cluster with standalone host

Post by Dima P. »

Hello odis88.

Thank you for sharing this required. I'll discuss it with the team.
garfield87
Lurker
Full Name: Hubert Szamałek

Post by garfield87 »

Hello.
Does any one have news about this feutre ? I have 2 nodes "workgroup" cluster based on Windows Server 2019. Without of this feature , i can backup VM on selected nod , until... migratation to another node.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hubert,

You can add single node to an agent job type and process it as a regular server. Does that help? Cheers!
garfield87
Lurker
Full Name: Hubert Szamałek

Post by garfield87 »

Hello Dima.
Not exactly, what happen when I configure backup VM-1 from node 1 , and Vm-2 from node 2 in the separate job. Because node 2 goes down (or I move VM via cluster console) , what happen with backup process VM-2 in this scenario ? Probbably , job finish with erro like VM not exist. it is not the problem ,when Veeam see whole Hyper-V cluster. But when Veeam see 2 separeate node , any move of VM would affected on backup process. Please correct me , if I am wrong.