Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
vincent.veiler
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Vincent Veiler

Licence question about support contract

Post by vincent.veiler »

Hello

I have a Veeam B&R 9.5 installed with 2 separate licence keys (2 sockets each for a total of 4 sockets).
One of my 2 sockets licence have basic support contract expired and the other one have basic support active.

If I go to the licence console of Veeam B&R on the server, it shows me that the basic support is enabled.

Is it possible to upgrade my Veeam B&R to v10 with just the basic support active for one of my licence key or do I need to renew the second licence key to have both active before upgrading ?

Thanks
Regards
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Licence question about support contract

Post by Gostev »

vincent.veiler wrote: Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pmI have a Veeam B&R 9.5 installed with 2 separate licence keys (2 sockets each for a total of 4 sockets).
Hello! I'm not sure how you managed to do that, as we never supported installing more than one socket license key into the same server. Can you share a screenshot of your License Information dialog perhaps? Thanks!
vincent.veiler
Novice

Post by vincent.veiler »

Hello,

There are the printscreen requested :

https://ibb.co/bWCX6Dv
https://ibb.co/C9rCLbk
vincent.veiler
Novice

Post by vincent.veiler »

I can see only the support expiration date of the last contract in the licence dialog of Veeam even I've a 4 sockets licence
If I check on the Veeam portal, there are 2 separate contrats for each 2 sockets licence.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

So the second screenshot shows you have a single license key for 4 sockets installed. However, this does not match what I see in the first screenshot, which shows two separate contracts which are not co-termed. So, I'm not sure how it is possible that they were merged into the single 4 sockets license key. I think you should open a licensing case to clarify this.

Based on the 2nd screenshot, you should be able to get a v10 license with the same parameters.

Based on the 1st screenshot, you cannot get a v10 license for one of those contracts, because it is already expired. So you can only get a 2 sockets license key for v10 (for the active contract).

Thanks!
vincent.veiler
Novice

Post by vincent.veiler »

Thanks for the information.
I'll contact the support to clarify this point.

Regards