Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
raudi
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stefan Raudonis

NFS Service questions

Post by raudi »

Hi,

i have installed the v10 Community Edition in my test environment. I have only configured the vCenter Server and my NetApp controller and selected only the NFS volumes on which are the VM's. The Veeam server has 2 network interfaces, one in my normal network and one in the vmware NFS network.

All is working fine, but today i noticed something strange in my firewall log.

I found denied packets with the source of the normal network ip, which should be send to the other NFS local IP. The port which should be accessed is UDP/137.

This is confusing me, why should a server send a IP packet to the std. gateway when he has this ip on a other local interface?

And the second thing, i have a additional private NFS network for one server on my NetApp, Veeam is trying to reach this NFS interface (port 111 and 2049).
Is there some kind of background discovery?

I have searched but found nothing, perhaps i used the wrog words to search for...

Kind regards
Stefan
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: NFS Service questions

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I guess that's more a question for a Windows forum... UDP 137 is something I expect to send Windows "just because it can".

Best regards,
Hannes
raudi
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stefan Raudonis

Post by raudi »

Hi,

agree, i will test later with Sysinternals "Process Monitor" to see what process wants to talk....

But the second question is a Veeam question. Is there some kind of background discovery in the NFS service. I have only a connection to my VMware NFS SVM configured, but i see that the NFS service is trying to connect to a different SVM with NFS enabled too.

Kind regards
Stefan
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
yes, there are regular scans of the storage system.

Please see the list https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100 where connections are expected.

Literally: to every component it finds somewhere via every interface.

Best regards,
Hannes