Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
kokishin
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Koki Shin

After restore, latest green bar backup not shown in control panel

Post by kokishin »

I'm using VAW 4.0.1.2169 (free) after recently upgrading from the prior version.

My latest interim backup (.vib) was 08/30/20 1:24am (today).

I did a full system restore to my SSD C: drive around 11:30am today using the interim backup mentioned above. I did not restore my E: and F: data drives.

The restore seemed to go ok with two caveats:

1) When I open Veeam control panel and check the green bars, it does not show the latest interim backup mentioned above. It shows the backup from a day earlier (and six preceding green bar backups). However, the latest interim backup is on my NAS. I can open the latest interim backup from the Veeam control panel so that's good. Is there a way to get the green bars on the control panel to show the latest interim backup (iow, get sync'd with the NAS) ?

2) After the restore to my C: drive completed and my Windows 10 Pro desktop rebooted, it ran a file system check and fix on my E: and F: data drives because some file system issues were detected. It has never done this before. After the files were fixed, the system booted up ok. I checked the most recent Excel file on the E: drive that I worked on prior to restore and it seemed ok and up to date. Any ideas what might have caused Windows to have to run the file system check on my data drives?

Please advise and thanks.
kokishin
Influencer

Re: After restore, latest green bar backup not shown in control panel

Post by kokishin »

Re: my prior post, I submitted a case.

My support case number is 04361466.
kokishin
Influencer

Post by kokishin »

Adding Veeam control panel pic to offer additional clarity to issue described in my OP.

Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Koki,

Sorry for late response.
Speaking of the latest backup which is not shown after restore, I believe this thread would make sense.
As for system check after restore, I don't see any common reason, but please take a look at this discussion, might be helpful.

Thanks!