Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
mazhar
Novice
Liked: 2 times

Compression stopped working

Post by mazhar »

I am running the latest Veeam free agent on Linux (OpenSuSE LEAP 15.2). I had it setup to backup the machine to local storage using zlibhigh compression and everything was working fine. As a test, I uninstalled Veeam free agent. Then I re-installed the agent and re-configured the backup job (I just used veeamconfig import as I had exported the config from the previous working installation). However, now I cannot it to compress data. I have edited the job multiple times and tried different kinds of compression etc. but the backup data written is always the same size as the source. Has anyone else seen this?
mazhar
Novice
Liked: 2 times

Re: Compression stopped working

Post by mazhar » 2 people like this post

Ok, apparently the problem is just a reporting/UI issue. The actual data written to backup media shows that compression is indeed taking place. However, inside of veeamconfig ui, the reported numbers (read, written, transferred etc.) all are the same indicating no compression has taken place.