Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
kristk
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Kristoffer

Scheduled backup job cannot access network share

Post by kristk »

I am using Veeam Agent for Windows Free edition to backup laptops to a NAS in the local network. The network is a workgroup environment, no AD, and the user account on the NAS is different from the local account on the computer.

The backup job is working fine when I start it manually, or is active on the computer. But when I try to have it scheduled to run at night it halts with the error "Backup target is not available". The backup job retries the whole night and as soon as I get back to the computer in the morning it is able to finish.

How shall I set up the backup job to be able to run the job unattended?

The source computer is bitlock encrypted if that makes a difference.

Support case id: 04373773
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Scheduled backup job cannot access network share

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Kristofer,

just to clarify - do you schedule the backups with "backup once powered on" option?
In this case the workaround from this thread could help.

Thanks!
kristk
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Kristoffer

Re: Scheduled backup job cannot access network share

Post by kristk »

I have scheduled the backup to run daily at 00:30. The "backup once powered on"-setting is active.
I don't turn of my computer, I just leave it in standby mode.
When I look in the log for the last backup job it tried to run at 00:30 but ended with the message "Error: Backup target is not available". It then did 33 retries until i woke the computer from standby at around 09:00 and at that point the backup job finished without any manual input from me.